getting original variable names back from the ssa

Hello,
I want to know that whether there is a function in gcc which takes the ssa
tree as input and returns the original variable. I mean to say
suppose these few statements in a c program
 a = b;
 *c = *d;

there ssa form in gcc-4.5.0 is as follows

b.0_1 = b;
a = b;

c.1_2 = c;
d.2_3 = d;
D.1963_4 = *d.2_3;
*c.1_2 = D.1963_4;

I can access the lhs and the rhs of each of these statements. But is there
any function that takes the ssa tree b.0_1 or d.2_3 and tells that its an
ssa for variable b and variable d respectively. If there is no function
can any one help me in figuring out what how can I do this.

Thanks in advance.

Mradul Maheshwari