Re: Re : Re : add a new gcc fe based on gcalc or sample_fe

On 9/28/2010 4:40 PM, charfi asma wrote:

----- Message d'origine ----
De : Ian Lance Taylor<iant@xxxxxxxxxx>
À : charfi asma<charfiasma@xxxxxxxx>
Cc : gcc-help@xxxxxxxxxxx
Envoyé le : Lun 27 septembre 2010, 18h 44min 35s
Objet : Re: Re : add a new gcc fe based on gcalc or sample_fe

charfi asma<charfiasma@xxxxxxxx>  writes:

I tried to modify the language by exporting LANG env var to en_US.UTF-8
I even add those lines in my .bash_profile file and reboot my computer:

export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8
export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
export LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8

[root@is010178 charfi]# echo $LANG
en_US.UTF-8

but I still have errors in french
Odd.  Is LC_MESSAGES set in the environment?

1. when I git clone the gcc-dev directory and build the UML front end for the
first time I get this error:

gcc   -g -O2 -DIN_GCC   -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual
-Wstrict-prototypes

-Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-format-attribute -pedantic -Wno-long-long
-Wno-variadic-macros -Wno-overlength-strings -Wold-style-definition
-Wc++-compat

-fno-common  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGENERATOR_FILE  -o build/gengtype \
         build/gengtype.o build/errors.o build/gengtype-lex.o
build/gengtype-parse.o ../build-i686-pc-linux-gnu/libiberty/libiberty.a
make[2]: *** Pas de règle pour fabriquer la cible « ../../gcc-dev/gcc/uml/u »,
nécessaire pour « s-gtype ». Arrêt.

-->  In english it becomes: no rule to build the target «
../../gcc-dev/gcc/uml/u

This seems to be looking for a file gcc/uml/u.  That seems odd.  Is that
exactly what it says?  Does uml/u appear in the Makefile?

I don't know anything about the UML frontend and it is not part of
standard gcc; have you tried asking the author?

Hey Asma,
May be I should mention that I do not use any lexer or parser, is it normal that
( in the error message) gcc seems looking for build/gengtype.o build/errors.o
build/gengtype-lex.o ?
I have no idea what's wrong with your code. Maybe, you could send me your code, but please only the front-end and not the complete gcc source tree :-) I could then try to build your front-end on my system and check what's wrong...

Andi