Re: operator[] ambiguous

Michael,

The compiler can't decide whether to cast abc to a const char * and
then apply [] or use the [] function you provided.  To fix, either
cast 0 to unsigned, or change the argument of your [] function to take
an int instead of an unsigned.

I'm not sure how this relates to the standard.

--
Andrew Bell
andrew.bell.ia@xxxxxxxxx