Re: GCC 4.4-02 on AIX

On 09/23/10 05:34 PM, Bob Wyatt wrote:
I've been trying to get the compiler installed and functioning, but I keep
running into library problems.

What version of AIX?

After installing it and trying to run configure for a product, the configure
failed with collect2: library libm not found. With the help of Google, I
then installed the bos.adt.libm package from the AIX installation media.
This rang a bell in my head from several years ago with older gcc compiler
versions needing some libraries or packages installed from the AIX media,
but I cannot find a list of the required requisites anywhere.

The next time it failed, collect2 reported issues with /lib/syscalls.exp; I
resolved this by installing bos.adt.syscalls from the AIX media.

Now it fails with undefined symbols, such as crypt_r, getpass_auto,
max_pw_passlen, and max_history_size, among others. In this case, Google
isn't helping me much and I haven't been able to identify a package that
needs to be installed.

Does anyone have a list of known AIX packages required to support gcc, gcc+,
and the like?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help..

I downloaded a gcc binary from pware, which also downloads the prequesites, though you need to update bos.rte 5.3.0.50

I basically used smit to install everything on CD #1. I don't seem to be having too many problems.

I'm running AIX 5.3 on an RS/6000 7025 F50 (an old machine).

Dave