Re: gcov support for shared library

Hello,

Neuberger, Daniel [USA] writes:

> You were absolutely, right.  Thanks so much for the help.  We're using
autotools and it turns out that all of
> the .gcda files were ending up in the .libs directory.  The script we were
using to produce output from gcov
> was finding them correctly, but since they weren't in the same directory as
the source files, gcov didn't
> produce any output.

Ah, thanks for this information.  You can pass --object-directory .libs
to gcov to help it find the right .gcda files.

I'm wondering how autotools could help make this sort of processing easier or
more automatic.  That would certainly be something I'd love to see included.

Thanks,
Ralf