Re: Suggestion to induce a random delay before compiling.

"Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kirkby@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I always find wrapper scripts annoying though. For one reason or
> another, they have often presented problems. I've seen others have
> problems with wrapper scripts too. I know for a fact there's a wrapper
> script for Fortran built into this code.

I think a wrapper script is really the right approach for this kind of
extremely special purpose change.  I would recommend against adopting
such a patch into mainline gcc, where it would simply become an ongoing
maintenance and documentation burden.

> As a matter of interest, if I wanted to add such a delay into gcc
> myself, what file would be best to do this in?

gcc/gcc.c.

Ian