Re: Re : Re : Re : can not find jc1 gcj or jvgenmain after gcc install

On 09/15/2010 12:25 PM, charfi asma wrote:

> I finally can compile a java file using GCJ ;) thanks Andrew ;)
>
> it was exactly what Andrew said: the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable
> doesn't include the dir that contains libgcj_bc.so.1.
> it is even not created, so I added it to other env variables and I added the
> /usr/local2/lib to its value.

Firstly, please don't top-post on gcc-help.

> but is that normal ?

Yes.

> why should I create alone the variable and specify the path of libgcj_bc.so.1,

Because you installed gcj in a non-standard place, /usr/local2.  The runtime
linker looks in some standard places, but it does not know where you put
your libraries.

> why gcc does not do everything alone when installing it ?

I don't understand this question.

Andrew.