Re: Bug in Build System of gcc-4.5.1? Dirs Not Removed with 'make distclean'

Tom Browder <tom.browder@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> When buildin gcc in a directory outside the gcc source tree, a fresh
> build is normally started with a 'make distclean'.
>
> After that command, build subdirectories remain (depending on how far
> one got in the process):
>
>   $ ls -CF
>   fixincludes/  gcc/  intl/  libcpp/  libdecnumber/
>
> Does that affect the next configuration?  It does for me if I change
> any environment variables.
>
> I think a bug report is in order.

The existence of the subdirectories per se should not matter.  If there
are relevant files in the subdirectories, e.g., config.cache, then of
course that may matter.  If that happens, please do file a bug report.
Thanks.

Ian