Re: Bug in Build System of gcc-4.5.1? Cannot Find libmpc.so.2

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010, Tom Browder wrote:

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 07:26, Andrew Haley <aph@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The rule is really simple: for any libraries you build, if they are to
be used, you have to tell ld.so how to find them.  LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
ld.so.conf, whatever.

Okay, so I need to ensure LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or ld.so.conf) oint to gmp,
mpfr, and ppc.

or embed that into the object using the linker -rpath option.

So, again, why these gcc.gnu.org instructions (and what good are the
'--with=*' options):

MPC Library version 0.8.1 (or later)
   Necessary to build GCC. It can be downloaded from
http://www.multiprecision.org/. The --with-mpc configure option should
be used if your MPC Library is not installed in your default library
search path. See also --with-mpc-lib and --with-mpc-include.

This works fine if you build those 3 libraries with --enable-static --disable-dynamic. Otherwise, it is still useful, but not always sufficient.

Alternatively, if an MPC source distribution is found in a
subdirectory of your GCC sources named mpc, it will be built together
with GCC.

This tends to work well, what issue did you have? (there used to be an incompatibility with the latest release of mpfr, but I believe that was fixed before 4.5.1).

--
Marc Glisse