Re: g++ dump translation unit question

Hey Piotr,

> first of all I know that translation unit dump isn't documented and can
> change in every release but I have to extract some data from it.

Yes, that's correct :-)

> I`m facing troubles with classes inheritance. How I can get information
> about private/protected inheritance?

I don't have much knowledge about the internals of the C++ front-end and
where the exact inheritance information is represented, but here's where
to start to dig into the code of g++:

The dump of the translation unit starts in gcc/cp/decl2.c
3620   {
3621     int flags;
3622     FILE *stream = dump_begin (TDI_tu, &flags);
3623
3624     if (stream)
3625       {
3626         dump_node (global_namespace, flags & ~TDF_SLIM, stream);
3627         dump_end (TDI_tu, stream);
3628       }
3629   }

The dump_node is a GCC generic function defined in gcc/tree-dump.c:746.

BTW, did you try the newest version of GCC 4.5.1? Maybe this again
contains the information you want to see ...

I hope that helps at least a little bit,
Andi