adding another tls dialect

Hello,
I have got gcc running and compile & link from linux for another os (all
x86 though). Now I have got some source code given, that needs to be
ported. Problem is that it uses thread local variables using the
__thread-keyword and the code emited by gcc for thread local variables
does not work right away (GS has a different purpose in this kernel and
to get the actual thread local storage we need one more level of
indirection).
I omit the details here, as I believe they are not really relevant.
What I want to do is make gcc emit code that supports this behavior.

As the topic states, I believe that what I want to do can be achieved by
adding another tls-dialect (in addition to the given ones: gnu, gnu2 and
sun). I have had a look into the source code and my guess is that the
i386.md file (and probably i386.h and i386.c) is mainly what I need (for
now only the "initial-exec" is of interest, especially no dynamic model
will be used).

Can somebody confirm that I am on the right track?

Where else do I have to expect to make changes?
For now I am trying to understand the definitions in the .md file. Is
there actually more to that (regarding my problem) than the defines in
that file, e.g. some setup that is done beforehand or the like?

Thank you for your help.

Daniel