Re: Change in pre-processor behavior with gcc-4.5.0

Hi,
> > We have one project that relies on the older (and probably broken)
> > behaviour which parses some source files looking for the result of one
> > particular macro expansion, at this stage it doesn't care about other
> > macro expansions - they will get handled when the code is compiled
> > properly. Is there anyway of making the pre-processor from gcc-4.5.0
> > keep going despite the missing header file?
>
> I don't think so.  Sorry.

Well, it's NOT an exact solution to your problem, but maybe it helps:
For this macro-expansion-stage, you could create an additional include
directory, where you store (empty) copies of all those include files
(like "does_not_exist.h") -- let's call this directory "empty_dir" ;-)
Then
gcc -I empty_dir test.c
won't complain about the missing include file (as it is found in
empty_dir), and it will expand the macro in your file test.c correctly.

Maybe that would be a suitable workaround for your problem?

Axel