Re: Problem with an openMP and pthread program compiled with gcc

Hi!

Philip Herron-2 wrote:

> Thing is compiling without warnings doesnt guarentee no sigsegv :-).

I totally agree with you, if I didn't, I think I could throw my diploma in
computer science in the garbage :-D.

Philip Herron-2 wrote:

> This is all too big, try to build a small test case showing the error.

I was sure of that =^D. No problem, I reduced it to a simple function with a
double for loop (no more packages or library, only openmp and pthread). I
hope it's ok now, I can't reduce it more . I added two parameters to precise
the numbers of processors and clients (not to recompile each time) ;-).

http://old.nabble.com/file/p29181707/main.cpp main.cpp
http://old.nabble.com/file/p29181707/Classe1.h Classe1.h
http://old.nabble.com/file/p29181707/Classe1.cpp Classe1.cpp

Philip Herron-2 wrote:

> You may want to run your program through gdb or valgrind might give you
> some ideas

I had already run it with valgrind and the error message it returns (only
when the program segfaults, when it's a deadlock there is no message) is the
following (it doesn't help me to solve the problem) :
[Switching to Thread 0x41802950 (LWP 5109)]
0x00007f5b2656fbd0 in GOMP_loop_runtime_next () from /usr/lib/libgomp.so.1

I hope all that is ok for you to try to see the problem :-).
Thanks!