gcc 4.4.0 big binary full of NULLs

Hi all, I use cegcc and they have two ports of gcc based on 4.1.0 and 4.4.0. Both of them use the same patched binutils copy.
I compile libavcodec library (part of ffmpeg) using 4.4.0 port. At the end I get a 5510KB dll. If I open the built dll in hex editor, I see that from 0x26d860 to 0x528a00 (2.8MB) it's all zeros.
Before linking, all generated object files do not contain zeros and look absolutely normal, so I'd guess that there is some problem with the linker, but at the same time that same version of binutils is used with 4.1.0 build and if I use the 4.1.0 cegcc build then I have no such problem. Has someone had such problem previously, what and where I should look for? The problem isn't specific to this library and all other dlls have the same problem. I asked that question on cegcc list but did not receive any replies.

The other question: there were some fixes made related to arm and coff-pe for windows mobile. Are these changes going to end up finally in gcc or they will not be integrated?..