Re: using GCC to compile games 4 game consoles

tajiya1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I would like to inquire about an open source project of yours called GCC.
>
> I read that it's a cross platform complier for a number of programs.
>
> My question is does it work with open source game engines in complying
> games for game console platforms (such as Xbox 360, Playstation3, Wii,
> Nintendo DSi, PSPgo and etc) and mobile platforms (like iPhone, iPad and
> Android for example)

gcc is certainly used for Playstation and Android.

gcc is just a compiler.  It can in general be used for any target for
which it supports the processor, which includes all the targets you
list.  However, actually using it requires also getting an appropriate
support library, which gcc does not provide.

Ian