Re: lots of cross compilers without recompiling everything so many times?

Jay K <jay.krell@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> My question is though, has anyone considered altering things so that
> this can be easily constructed without recompiling the same code so
> many times?

Yes, it's been considered.  It's just hard, and few people would
benefit.

> gmp/mpfr/mpc seems particularly expensive to recompile so many times.
> I've taken to not doing that, at least when host and build aren't
> varying and only target is.

If you want to build for several targets, then don't put those
libraries in the gcc source code.  Instead, configure them (with
--disable-shared), make them, and install them separately, and pass
appropriate --with options when you configure gcc.

Ian