Re: SIZEOF_LONG 4 instead of 8 in 64-bits

Kraiser wrote:

John (Eljay) Love-Jensen wrote:
"Take the Ubuntu source code.  Change the Ubuntu ABI.  Call your new OS
something else, such as Kraiser GNU/Linux."
How to change Ubuntu/Debian ABI in linux-kernel ? ? ?
Thanks for your reply
Regards Kraiser

Hey,

I think that Eljay meant to patch GCC and then just compile the Ubuntu sources with this patched compiler. The linux-kernel is usually compiled with GCC and so the size of 'long' in the linux-kernel relies on the size chosen by GCC. But, as Ian already said, you need to re-compile EVERYTHING!!

Maybe I missed this point in the thread, but why do you really need the LLP64 mode on a non-Windows platform? Does your code somehow rely on the size of long?

Andi