Re: Type-generic macros with C

On Sat, 1 May 2010, Jörg Leis wrote:

A related question: Is it expected that in C99-mode GCC might not be
able to compile a program because of the use of an inline function? I
defined an inline function like this:

inline int do()
{
	// ...
}

(I wouldn't use "do" as a function name)

If it compiles but fails to link, that's normal, see:
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Inline.html
(the examples are missing a return statement or have a wrong return type, if someone wants to fix that)

Otherwise you need to provide a reproducable testcase.

--
Marc Glisse