Re: getaddrinfo is not statically compiled

> Ok, so statically is not possible so I'm trying to do it shared.

Good good.

> I want to provide the needed shared libraries rather than use the target
system libs to avoid version differences:

Hmmm.  How can you provide the needed shared libraries rather than the
target system libs, since the shared libraries themselves are intimately
tied to the specific system version?

Wouldn't you need to provide a whole set of shared libraries, which are
system version (major.minor.patch version) specific?

And wouldn't that make your application limited to known versions at release
time, that you provided those system specific versions of those particular
system specific shared libraries?  (Hence, making your application tighly
system version locked.)

As I understand the usual approach is to compile on (or cross-compile to)
the oldest system version (using the target system libs) you support, and
rely on the library versioning facility to be future compatible.

Sincerely,
--Eljay