GCC and Real Time feature

Hello,

To express the parallelism in the C program, GCC uses OpenMP which in turn uses the pthread library (from POSIX standard)  to generate an executable that takes into account the parallelism expressed in the code.

By analogy to that, can we compile with GCC C programs that use the concept of time and capsule (Real Time Applications) ?

for example, Can we specify that a C function is periodic (must be executed every 5s) and compile the program with GCC?

In this case, does the GCC  call a library specified in the POSIX API in order to compile such a program?

thank you very much

Asma