Symbols in .so even when using fvisibility=hidden

Hi,

I have the problem that I have a shared object which is mostly c with a
relative small part C++. It is compiled with -fvisibility=hidden and only some
small parts are exported. I noticed today that non-exported C++ symbols were
also exported. This is quite mysterious because they are 5 functions from
templates (looks related to std::vector with allocator stuff to me). The
shared object is generated by source files from mupen64plus-core (can be
found on bitbucket) using `make -C projects/unix/ all`.

Is there any way to disable that symbols? The vector is not used outside that
shared object and the interface of the shared object should be as clean as
possible. I tried already with -fvisibility-inlines-hidden but without
success.

On a Debian squeeze i386 with
gcc version 4.4.3 20100108 (prerelease) (Debian 4.4.2-9)
libstdc++6-4.4-dev 4.4.2-9

I tried to attach the list of symbols, but your filters always drop the mail
when I send it inside the mail.
--
Robert Wohlrab