Re: Modifying GIMPLE/SSA tree to collect memory accesses

Srinivas Pasupuleti <vaasu1234@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I want to print for each modify statement in GIMPLE tree, the address
> that data is written to (store) and the addresses from which data is
> accessed (load).

But most modify statements in the GIMPLE tree modify registers, so
there is no address to print.

> I need this to build a dynamic data dependency graph based on memory
> store and memory loads.
>
> When the optimization flag is not used, I'm able to print the memory
> accesses. I want to do the same with the optimization flag turned on,
> but there is some consistency problems due to some GCC passes like
> (dfa, ssa-alias etc).

To track memory changes dynamically I think you will want to work with
RTL, not GIMPLE.  And of course your calls to printf are going to
significantly change how the program behaves.

Ian