Re: how to build a MIPS cross-compiler with gcc source code?

在 2010年2月4日 下午5:26,刘卓 <lzhskywalker@xxxxxxxxx> 写道:
> I've tried this instruction. But it seems I have encountered a very
> popular problem as shown below:
>
> checking whether the
> /root/mips-octeon-linux-gnu-toolchain/build-gcc-bootstrap/./gcc/xgcc
> -B/root/mips-octeon-linux-gnu-toolchain/build-gcc-bootstrap/./gcc/
> -B/opt/octeon/mips-octeon-linux-gnu/bin/
> -B/opt/octeon/mips-octeon-linux-gnu/lib/ -isystem
> /opt/octeon/mips-octeon-linux-gnu/include -isystem
> /opt/octeon/mips-octeon-linux-gnu/sys-include linker
> (/root/mips-octeon-linux-gnu-toolchain/build-gcc-bootstrap/./gcc/collect-ld)
> supports shared libraries... yes
> checking dynamic linker characteristics... configure: error: Link
> tests are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES.
> make[1]: *** [configure-target-libssp] Error 1
>
> I've searched over the Internet, but I can't find an appropriate
> solution, since I'm building an octeon platform oriented cross
> compiler. And the solutions and discussions about this problem on the
> internet is quite a chaos... I didn't figure out a clue.
> So. I'll be very appreciated if you could help me find out the
> possible points where I've gone wrong, or show me what exactly might
> be missing.
>
> Thank you.
>
> 2010/2/3 fanqifei <fanqifei@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> 2010/2/3 刘卓 <lzhskywalker@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>> Hello,
>>>    I'm a freshman here. I was trying to build a cross-compiler which
>>> runs on a x86 machine and could generate MIPS octeon target. I'm not
>>> sure how to do this. I looked through gcc installation manual and I
>>> couldn't find relative instructions.
>>>   So I tried figure it out by checking this command out "./configure
>>> --help", and then I found an option '--target' that might be helpful.
>>> But it seems did not provide a list for valid targets. I've tried
>>> '--target=mips64octeon' and '--target=mips64-octeon-linux-gnu', so
>>> far, neither of these works.
>>>   Did I miss something? Do I need some other tools to get it done?
>>> Please show me the resolution or just tell me where I can find an
>>> instruction for this.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> --
>>> -------------------------------------
>>> Best Regards,
>>> Liu Zhuo
>>>

>> maybe below link is useful. You can also search "cross compile gcc mips".
>> http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/Toolchains#Roll-your-own
>>
>> --
>> -Qifei Fan
>>

> --
> -------------------------------------
> Best Regards,
> Liu Zhuo

what's the version of binutils and gcc you are building?
I just followed the instruction of the wiki page and the binutils/gcc
build succeeded on x86 32bit Linux. (using the version mentioned in
the page )

>./mips64-octeon-linux-gnu-gcc -v
Reading specs from
/home/efan/tools/cross/lib/gcc/mips64-octeon-linux-gnu/3.4.4/specs
Configured with: ../gcc-3.4.4/configure
--target=mips64-octeon-linux-gnu --prefix=/home/efan/tools/cross
--enable-languages=c --without-headers --with-gnu-ld --with-gnu-as
--disable-shared --disable-threads
Thread model: single
gcc version 3.4.4

--