Re: GCC is being push-phobic (?)

Tim Prince wrote:
> Does this relate to a specific version of gcc, to a specific set of
> options, and to functions eligible for inline-functions?

I'm not sure. I've now removed all exotic compiler options. I now have just:
g++ -c -save-temps
and it still won't push arguments the natural way. Perhaps that's its
correct normal behavior, but then it's wrong that it won't switch to
simple pushes with -Os, because it really reduces code size. I don't
understand why -mno-stack-arg-probe is making it change behavior in
this regard either. There's no alloca or variable arrays on the stack
involved, which is what I was expecting -mno-stack-arg-probe to make a
difference to.

None of the involved functions are inlineable.

GCC version is 4.4.0 (MinGW).