Re: how to build a MIPS cross-compiler with gcc source code?

On 3.2.2010 7:54, 刘卓 wrote:
Hello,
     I'm a freshman here. I was trying to build a cross-compiler which
runs on a x86 machine and could generate MIPS octeon target. I'm not
sure how to do this. I looked through gcc installation manual and I
couldn't find relative instructions.
    So I tried figure it out by checking this command out "./configure
--help", and then I found an option '--target' that might be helpful.
But it seems did not provide a list for valid targets. I've tried
'--target=mips64octeon' and '--target=mips64-octeon-linux-gnu', so
far, neither of these works.
    Did I miss something? Do I need some other tools to get it done?
Please show me the resolution or just tell me where I can find an
instruction for this.

What I could think about the previous is that you haven't ever heard about different operating systems for MIPS, about evaluation boards for MIPS without any opsys, only some firmware monitor (an "embedded system") etc. "target dependent things" :( Please try to learn something about these first so that you could tell if your target MIPS system using 'octeon' is an embedded system without an opsys or some with it, using Linux, NetBSD, RTEMS-RTOS or something!

The more you can tell about the target system type, the better instructions you will get or be
pointed to for your specific build case !