Re: GCC 4.3.2 Install into Cygwin

On 2/2/10 8:50 AM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
JJ-Cygwin<nongjamine@xxxxxxxxx>  writes:

My code is
$ ls -->  Result = usr/local/contrib -->  it is current location
$ ../gcc-4.2.4/configure --enable-languages=c,c++ --->  Err msg =
bash:../gcc-4.2.4/congigure: No such file or directory
This is almost certainly a cygwin-specific problem, and you may do
better asking for help on the cygwin mailing list.

When I see an error like that, what I think is "there is no /bin/sh".
So, is there a /bin/sh?  I don't use cygwin, and I can't help you if
there isn't one.

A workaround for a missing /bin/sh is to invoke the shell explicitly:
     bash ../gcc-4.2.4/configure ...
You may also need to set the environment variable CONFIG_SHELL to
bash, or ideally the absolute pathname of bash.

Ian
I've never run into a missing cygwin /bin/sh; it can't happen unless you modify the standard installation, in which case the advice will be to return to standard configuration. As you've spelled configure 2 different ways, I would look first to see if the message is telling the truth. It's also worth while to verify you are running the current supported version of cygwin. Cygwin list tends not to be helpful to those who want to build their own gcc, possibly with good reason, as any reasons why someone would not accept the gcc-4 provided by cygwin almost inevitably lead off topic.

--
Tim Prince