Re: Are there any 'fixincludes' experts here?

Andreas Tobler wrote:
Hi David,

On 17.01.10 21:16, Dr. David Kirkby wrote:

The latest 4.5 snapshot will not build on Solaris, as it uses some options to 'find' which the Sun version of 'find' does not accept. I doubt the options chosen are POSIX. It does however have the fix integrated. I might be able to
sort out how I can backport it myself.

Are you talking about this 'find' issue?

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java-patches/2009-q4/msg00067.html

Andreas

Yes, that sounds the one. Unless I am mistaken, you did not get any feedback about it, so it would not have been committed.

I should have added, it was the latest 4.4 snapshot which would not build with the 'find' issue. After trying to build that, I put the gnu 'find' in the path and succeeded in building the 4.4 series.

After the 4.4 snapshot failed to cure the 'fixincludes' issue, I tried to build 4.5, but the gnu 'find' was already in the path, so I don't actually know if the issue still exists on 4.5, but given the lack of feedback you got to the post of your patch, I guess it still does.

One of the early problems with Unix was that lots of different implementations did different things, or the same things in different ways, so code would not easily moved from one system to another That caused problems.

At least now there is an internationally agreed POSIX standard. It would be good if people could use that, so we don't go back to the days when all Unix systems were a bit different.

If there are serious gcc developers that do not have access to SPARC systems, I can arrange an account, so you can test your code on Solaris SPARC. Drop me a private email if you want that.

Dave