Re: performance question with std::complex<float> in new g++ versions

Wow, I did that and I get now virtually identical performance, and the
assembly code generated is now very similar to that from gcc-4.1/4.2,
although there is some extra stuff I cannot explain yet. Was
ffast-math default in 4.1/4.2 ?
Is there any resource where I can read up on what is being done in the
gcc development in this regard to learn more about whats going on ?
I'm seriously tempted to just implement my own little complex math
library, but thats A) ugly since there is already std::complex, B)
more work and would have only the advantage to be a little more
performance predictable maybe.
Still puzzled.