Re: Building gcc-4.4.2 on CentOS 5.3

John (Eljay) Love-Jensen wrote:
Hi Jeff,

>From the config.log it appears that you do not have the prerequisite
libmpfr.so.

Where did you untar MPFR?  It's easiest to untar in the GCC source code
location, as per the instructions (see below), or to put in a soft-link to
the MPFR in the GCC source code directory.

If you hadn't untar'd MPFR for the build, you may also have missed untar GMP
for the build.

http://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html

Ouch - looks like I didn't read the prerequisites closely enough. I built
and installed gmp and mpfr in separate directories. I didn't realize they
should be untarred in the gcc directory.

Thanks!

Jeff