Re: floating point precision with -O2 optimization

John (Eljay) Love-Jensen wrote:
Hi Frédéric

which are ?

Which vary depending on your platform and GCC version.  Please refer to the
GCC documentation for your platform.

The platform was already specified (in the /proc/cpuinfo quotation) as pentium4. As no indication was given of which gcc options were considered, reference to documentation is indicated. I noticed yesterday that past distinctions between -march=pentium4 and -march=pentium-m don't appear to persist in gcc-4.5. pentium4 no longer implies -mfpmath=sse (don't know if it was meant to do so). I don't have a lot of confidence in finding such distinctions fully documented for each gcc version. I do want to give people credit for not jumping in and recommending -ffloat-store without information about OP's intentions.