Re: Code Gen Plugins

that is great, I think this is what I need. thanks a lot

From: "Ian Lance Taylor" <iant@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 10:34 AM
To: "Muhammed Fawzy" <mfawzymkh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <gcc-help@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Code Gen Plugins

"Muhammed Fawzy" <mfawzymkh@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

That is great!, but is it possible that the plugin uses the same gcc
backend to emit the code, and only alter **part** of the instruction
stream?
I want to utilize the existing code, and only make a small change in
code generation.

Yes.  gcc generates code via a series of passes.  A plugin can insert
a new pass.  That pass can adjust the instruction stream and pass it
on to future passes.

Ian