Re: ins instruction is not produced in the assembly code (mips32r2)

On 12/18/09, fanqifei <fanqifei@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2009/12/18 Ineiev <ineiev@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> On 12/18/09, fanqifei <fanqifei@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Otherwise, I have to write inline assembly code.
>>
>> Out of curiosity --- why do you think your executable has to use this
>> pattern?
> The instruction sequence generated by gcc can be simply rewritten by
> three instructions.

I see, thank you.

> Apparently gcc should find the expression storing to bit-field and use
> pattern insv. But it didn't.

I'm sorry (really), as I know nothing about the target architecture,
this is not apparent _for me_.

What I don't understand is why you _has_ to code it in assembler?
is your program essentially nothing but such assignments?
or the code gcc provides assigns something wrong?

I bag your pardon if this is too off-topic,
Ineiev