multiple .a files linking issues

Apologize first if this has already been asked before.

Here is my issue: I have two libraries, libA and libB, in libB there is a
class inherit from a class in libA and calls one of A's member function. so
like this:
In A.h:
class A{
public:
    void func1() ;
}

In A.cpp:

void A::func1(){
}

In libB:
B.h:

class B : public A{
public:
    void func2() ;
}

B.cpp:

void B::func2(){
    func1() ;
}

I found I have trouble linking these two libraries together with my final
binary. If I link my binary against libA.o and libB.o everything works fine,
but if I do something like this:
g++ /mylib/libA.a /mylib/libB.a myapp.o -o myapp
It would complain:
/mylib/libB.a undifined reference to func1()

Is this to be expected? That I am supposed to use .o file instead of .a
file?

Thanks!