RE: Regarding aligned

Hi Ramesh,

> Could you please tell me why no_idt symbol address(c0242880) is changed after alinged  uldata ???

My guess is that your alignment request exceeds the alignment facilities of the linker on your platform.

As per the <http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Variable-Attributes.html> documentation:

"""
Note that the effectiveness of aligned attributes may be limited by inherent limitations in your linker. On many systems, the linker is only able to arrange for variables to be aligned up to a certain maximum alignment. (For some linkers, the maximum supported alignment may be very very small.) If your linker is only able to align variables up to a maximum of 8 byte alignment, then specifying aligned(16) in an __attribute__ will still only provide you with 8 byte alignment. See your linker documentation for further information.
"""

HTH,
--Eljay