Re: Completely disable exception support for G++ cross compiler

Hello,

Joel Dice wrote:
> I build my code with -fno-exceptions.  You may also want to try
> -fno-unwind-tables if -fno-exceptions isn't enough.  I'm not sure how to
> build GCC such that these options are the defaults, if that's what you
> want.

My problem is that even if I compile code with -fno-exceptions, I still get
".eh_frame" sections in my object files (I guess the abbreviation means
"exception handling frame" ?)

Then of course you need G++'s "libsupc++" library which implements "new"
and "delete".
It seems the default "new" uses a "throw" clause, so in that sense you
cannot get rid of exceptions as long as you want to use "new".

The question is if there is any possiblitity to compile software (or the
cross compiler or "libsupc++) in such a way that I can throw away the
".eh_frame" sections in a linker script without getting other problems...

with best regards
  Ingo