Re: Build GCC with -Os for multi libs

Kai Ruottu wrote:
> Sebastian Huber wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> normally the GCC multi libs (libc, libgcc, libstdc++ for the target)
>> are built
>> with the optimization level -O2. How can I change this to -Os?
>>

> Either :
>
> 1. Setting things like CFLAGS in environment before writing 'configure'

I should have mentioned that I want to build a cross compiler.  So we have at
least two CFLAGS.  If I use "gcc-dir/configure ... 'CFLAGS=-Os -g'" the libc
will be built with "... -O2 -Os -g" for example.

> Or if this is too late, already configured :
>
> 2. Editing the produced Makefile(s) before writing 'make', searching for
> all the *FLAGS defined in it/them.

Ok, this always works, but I think this is a brittle brute force approach.

Thanks.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6