Re: Building an source code for an ARM processor

Am 01.12.2009 07:26, schrieb Sathish Kumar:
Dear Sir/Mam,

I am newbee to the ARM programming using GNU tools.

I had a Cygwin of version 2.95.2. Which is working well for normal c programs.

For ARM application, i downloaded the GNU ARM, and installed with default settings.

Unfortunately...the setup is not working...continuously i am getting the error saying "The procedure entry point __getreent could not be located in the dynamic link library cygwin1.dll."

Please kindly help me out.

Thanks &Regards,
Sathishkumar
Mail:sathishkumar.sigamani@xxxxxx

You probably want to follow how the Rockbox project handles cygwin development. http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/CygwinDevelopment

It has its own compiler, a gcc version that is only patched to be able to build for a number of ARM processors (multilib). The target is arm-elf, so it's supposed to be used for bare metal. But you can of course use it to build a C library and gcc for a different target.

Best regards.