powerpc-eabi linker error: no memory region specified for loadable section '.rodata.str1.4'

Hi,

My powerpc-eabi cross linker gives few error while linking an application.

error: no memory region specified for loadable section '.rodata.str1.4'.

Even after adding this section is linker script file, it keeps issuing same
error for different sections: .rodata.cst4, .rodata.cst8, .ctors.65525...

I could find discussion on similar issue in this forum.

http://old.nabble.com/undefined-reference-to-%60__init_array_end__-when-linking-with--eCOS-td21564270.html

>From this discussion I understood that the problem can be caused by the
different vendor binutils toolchain. i.e the '.rodata.str1.4' section may be
generated by different binutils.

I used diab assembler to generate few object files in the application. Using
the objdump I parsed the section headers in each object file. But there is
no such section in any object file.

What else can be the problem? It will be more helpful if I get the solution
for this.

br,
Jeff