Memory leak!

Help, I¹ve got a memory leak and it¹s spilling all over the floor!

LOL, I wish it was that simple...  I¹ve got several appliactions that all
share the same ?common¹ memory and all rely on about 75 shared libraries out
of my tree.  Somewhere I¹ve got a memory leak and I have no idea where to
find it.  I¹m currently using gcc-4.1.3 on CentOS_x86-64 but the problem is
exhibited on Fedora Core 5 with gcc-4.1.0

This is the first time I¹ve ever been faced with finding a memory leak and
I¹ve got no idea where to start or how to do it.  Please help!  I¹ve googled
and found lots of stuff, but nothing that looks like it¹s directly
applicable to finding a memory leak.  Also, I¹m restricted to whatever
software is in the open, I have no commerical tools for this.

Someone, PLEASE point me in the right direction!

Thanks,

-brian