Re: Possible to use -fPIC and -fwhole-program together?

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> "Kevin P. Fleming" <kpfleming@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Is there some inherent reason why -fPIC and -fwhole-program are
>> incompatible for C++ code?
>
> No.  This sounds like a bug.
>
>> If not, I'll try to produce a test case.

I've narrowed this down to only three functions; the relevant attribute
of these functions is that they are both exported (using
'externally_visible') *and* referenced from within the code being
compiled. If I comment out the internal references to these functions,
the relocations go back to being the normal -fPIC style relocations.
Hopefully a small sample will reproduce it as well.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming@xxxxxxxxxx