Re: Increase in code size for c++ applications using GCC-4.4.1

Suma Sharma <Suma.Sharma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> While doing benchmarking of the above two toolchains (for C++
> application) it was observed that the size of the text section for
> H8-Toolchain-I had increased by approximately 66% as compared to that
> of H8-Toolchain-II.

I don't know what your test case is, but my first guess would be that
this is due to changes in the inliner.  If code size is of primary
concern, you should compile with -Os.  If it is only secondary, then use
-O2 and experiment with -finline-limit=NNN.

Ian