[gnat] Unjustified error on encountering Ada.Text_IO after Text_IO in multi-source compilation

Hello GNAT experts,

Using an updated version of the multi-source compile patch
from

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2009-04/msg00691.html,

Iam encountering the following problem:

-- file: with_text_io.ads

with Text_IO;

package With_Text_IO is

end With_Text_IO;

-- file: with_ada_integer_text_io.ads

with Ada.Integer_Text_IO;

package With_Ada_Integer_Text_IO is

end With_Ada_Integer_Text_IO;

$ gnat1 with_text_io.ads with_ada_integer_text_io.ads

a-inteio.ads:19:10: missing "with Text_Io.Integer_IO;"

compilation abandoned due to previous error

Interestingly, if I switch the order of files,

$ gnat1 with_ada_integer_text_io.ads with_text_io.ads

then compilation proceeds normally and no errors are
produced.

a-inteio.ads looks like this:

-- GNAT comments & copyright ......

with Ada.Text_IO;

package Ada.Integer_Text_IO is

new Ada.Text_IO.Integer_IO (Integer); -- line 19

Myguess is that the Ada.Text_IO which is withed by
a-inteio.ads is

resolved to the node for Text_IO which was created by the
compilation of

with_text_io.ads. This assumes that GNAT internally somehow
equates

Text_IO and Ada.Text_IO. (However, it escapes me why the
problem only

surfaces when the Text_IO node was built first.)

Does anybody have an idea how to fix the Text_IO handling
logic in GNAT

for this case?

Thanks,

Oliver

Heute schon ge"freeMail"t?
Jetzt kostenlose E-Mail-Adresse sichern!
http://email.freenet.de/dienste/emailoffice/produktuebersicht/basic/mail/index.html?pid=6831