ARM Thumb mode size increase by enabling -mthumb mode

Hi all

The question is regarding thumb mode.

we have observed few points,

1. In Some cases size of .o file increase in thumb mode. when i
dissamble it i found all instruction are 16 bit.In what cases size increases?

2. How much size will be reduce as compared with ARM mode.?

3. Code reduction depends on what ?

4. How much performance effect with Arm and Thumb mode.

5. we also observed that size of binary increase in some cases,we have
check with open source code iozone. if you compile then iozone file
size reduce with thumb mode whereas other binary
fileop increase.

Best Regards

Naveen