Re: GCC Compilation problem in HP LINUX server

Helge Bahmann wrote:

On Linux there you can have the zero page mapped by running your program through the following wrapper:
---
#include <linux/personality.h>
#include <unistd.h>

main()
{
    personality(MMAP_PAGE_ZERO);
    char *cmd[]={"/path/to/your/broken/app", 0};
    execv(cmd[0], cmd);
}
---
This will get you a single page mapped at address zero (depending on the brokenness of your app this may not be enough and you have to map more than that manually).

I hope to not further trouble the waters of what is clearly a "don't do that, because it has no meaning" transgression of the (C) language definition, but isn't this a VMSious problem ?

I.e., getting 0 if you dereference a NULL pointer ?

It's been 20 years (5.4ish) since I last used VMS, but this is what came up to my mind when I saw this question ...

Cheers,

--
Toon Moene - e-mail: toon@xxxxxxxxx - phone: +31 346 214290
At home: http://moene.org/~toon/