gcov

Hi,

I'm trying to find out the real answer to this:  is it possible to use gcov with shared libraries?

I see lots of posts online using google that claim gcov does not support shared libraries, but nothing official.

I am using gcc-4.3.3.

It works great using static libraries, but we would like to use it on some other code that can not as easily be built static.

We get link errors similar to the following:

sender.o(.data.rel+0x48): undefined reference to `__gcov_merge_add'

Any information greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Wayne