Re: Byteswapping floating point types

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Andrew Haley<aph@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Andrew Troschinetz wrote:

The original question was about the signature/implementation of the
swap function.  What you are talking about here really has nothing to
do with that, right?  Unless you are trying to treat the swapped float
as a valid (meaning useful) float, there is no problem with any
implementation of swap, right?  In other words, it's not the swapping
that causes the issue, its the subsequent use of the swapped value as
meaningful on the system, where it really has no business being
interpreted as such.

--
Andrew Bell
andrew.bell.ia@xxxxxxxxx