Re: Mac OS X cross-compiler not finding system include files?

Maróy Ákos wrote:
> Andrew,
>
>> With this, your prefix is going to the same as your sysroot.  I can't
>> imagine
>> that this is what you really want.  The prefix is supposed to be where
>> your cross-
>> toolchain gets installed, the sysroot, is where you put the target
>> headers and
>> libraries.
>
> could you be more specific with your cricism?
>
> I tried setting --with-sysroot to various values, or even not set it -
> all of these result in the gcc failing to compile..

The sysroot argument needs to be pointed at an image of the root filesystem of
the target machine.  It's a subset of the real root filesystem, usually just
/usr/lib, /usr/include, and so on.  It can be the whole filesystem though.

You should copy that filesystem from your target machine before building gcc.

The prefix is where gcc will be installed after it's built.

Andrew.