Re: Hybrid 16bit/32bit exe

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
Stanimir Vlad <vladbv2006@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

I wanted to know how to create using c++ a program that will run both
under dos (16bit) and windows (32bit).So that when i execute the exe
under windows it will skip the dos part and use only the windows part.
I was told that Visual C++'s linker allows you to pass it as a
parameter an MS-DOS stub program that you want to use when your
program is executed in DOS.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/7z0585h5(VS.71).aspx
I want to know how i can do this using gcc and how i can croscompile a
dos exe under windows.

Asking the same question a second time won't get you an answer any
faster.

This is a highly Windows specific question.  I don't know the answer.  I
recommend that you ask on the cygwin mailing list.

Ian
You might also consider whether the DJGPP FAQ begins to answer your question. If it was too difficult to support 16-bit DOS with gcc years ago, why would you begin to work on it after Microsoft withdraws most support for it?