Linking user Libraries to a program in c

I have an idex file system package by Mix Software call C/Database utilities.
This has two libraries which I create as static isam.a and cbt.a. I am
trying to create an example program which comes with the package called
createdb.c from the isamexam directory using the "ccstat" shell program. I
have coplied the program on Cwgwin( gcc 3.4.4) and SuSE linux (gcc 4.4.0)
using the command line

gcc -I.. -g -v -oo -da -Q -o createdb createdb.c ../isam.a ../cbt.a

When I compile I get two warning messages (both systems)

This program runs in Cygwin but on SuSE I get a segmentation Fault and it
does not run. In debus it says the error is at the strlen(..) function which
is from the standard c library. I think there is a problem linking the
object code inSuSE. What am I doing wrong?
http://www.nabble.com/file/p24183454/createdb.c createdb.c
http://www.nabble.com/file/p24183454/error.jpg