Reproducing an old build problem

I am trying to reproduce a build of an old project on ubuntu 7.04. I have the
last build from a few years ago available to compare to. After configuring
the ubuntu 7.04 and installing build-essential package (for build tools,
version 11.3), I get most of the object files identical to the old build
object files. However, some files are different. I am trying to find out
what are the differences and what to do in order to reproduce the old build
identically.

Using nm command on differing object files and comparing the output, I see
that the symbols differ (with diff command):
< 000001e0 r __PRETTY_FUNCTION__.9011
< 00000220 r __PRETTY_FUNCTION__.9242
---
> 000001e0 r __PRETTY_FUNCTION__.8981
> 00000220 r __PRETTY_FUNCTION__.9212

or
< 00000000 r __FUNCTION__.8375
---
> 00000000 r __FUNCTION__.8345

Similarly comparing the output of the readelf --debug-dump gives a small
list like:
<      DW_AT_name        : (indirect string, offset: 0x6d): unsigned int
---
>      DW_AT_name        : (indirect string, offset: 0x75): unsigned int

If anyone knows how to interpret these differences (or give me a hint on
what tool/command to use to obtain the differences) and how to map it to the
changes in the build environment (gcc, libraries, header files versions,
etc.) I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Swavek